Things To Do in South Walton, Florida
South Walton is best known for its white-sand beaches, coastal dune lakes, unique communities, and immense natural beauty. Yet, the Florida Panhandle’s scenic 30A, an incredibly picturesque slice of paradise that stretches from the western rim of Panama City Beach to Sandestin, remains a stupefying-overlooked vacation destination. In an effort to shine light on the area’s most enticing attractions and activities, we’ve compiled a unique list of family-friendly fun things to do in South Walton. Fun things ranging from exploring 30A via bikes to 18 holes of golf to browsing coastal boutiques so let’s get started…
The 30A Escapes team, which manages luxury vacation rental properties from Inlet Beach to Seagrove Beach to Dune Allen Beach and everywhere in between has masterfully curated the following list of fun things to do while vacationing in South Walton…
- Explore the 30A corridor on beach cruisers or E-bikes! Pedal up and down the 30A bike trail (a.k.a. Timpoochee Trail) which runs from Inlet Beach on the east end of scenic 30A to Dune Allen Beach on the west end. It’s about a 19 mile paved bike path that takes you through all the South Walton beach communities. If you stay with 30A Escapes, your vacation rental will come outfitted with complimentary bikes!
- While South Walton is mainly known for its world class white sand beaches, exploring our State Parks will cause you to love 30A even more! The coastal lakes, bayous, forests, dunes, and beaches in our State Parks are unlike any other in the USA. Learn more about 30A area State Parks here… 5 South Walton State Parks you Need to Explore
- Take advantage of the best beaches in the United States by spending a full day in the sun. South Walton is loaded with amazing public beach access points all along the 30A corridor. You’ll find parking, restrooms, outdoor showers, and handicap accessible ramp beach access at any of the Regional 30A access points. If you’re staying on the east end of 30A I recommend checking out Inlet Beach Regional Access 2b at the end of South Orange Street.
- Sample fresh caught Gulf Of Mexico seafood at tasty South Walton restaurants such as Borago, Fish Out of Water, Old Florida Fish House, The Bay, Local Catch, Shunk Gulley Oyster Bar, Pescado, and Restaurant Paradis (among many others)!
- Rent a Pontoon book and get out on the water! 30A Pontoon Rental is based in Santa Rosa Beach and they service the entire South Walton area. They have a large fleet of luxury pontoon boats avalible for rent. They have an all-inclusive package that includes shuttle and captain services! There’s nothing like exploring Crab Island off the Destin Pass with family and friends. Watch our interview with 30A Pontoon Rentals owner Michael Knapp below…
- If you like craft beer, then you’ll want to check out some of South Walton’s finest microbreweries such as; Idyll Hounds and Grayton Beer Company in Santa Rosa Beach. The area is also loaded with great craft beer taproom options as well such as; Growler Garage and Beach & Brew on 30A. Learn more here… 30A Area Microbreweries and Taprooms
- Drop-in on a 30A yoga class and find your inner peace.
- Experience the deep-sea fishing expedition of a lifetime when you charter a boat out of Grayton Beach. It’s one of the only places in the USA where the boat launches into the Gulf directly from the white sand! You’ll catch a boat load of giant red snapper, triggerfish, grouper, mingo snapper, king mackerel, and much more. Learn more about Grayton Beach Fishing Charters
- Hit the links at one of the many fine South Walton golf courses. Camp Creek Golf Club and Santa Rosa Golf Club are two great courses located directly off of scenic 30A. Learn more about South Walton golf course here… Top Three 30A Area Golf Courses
- Beach bonfires are one of the things that make South Walton such a special place. There’re a great way to bring your entire group together for a night of fun under the stars. You can learn more about how to plan a 30A beach bonfire party next time you’re in SoWal here… How To throw a 30A Beach Bonfire Party
- Jet through South Walton’s backwaters on a thrilling airboat tour.
- Build the ultimate sandcastle with the help of Beach Sand Sculptures!
- Rethink the way you dine-in while on vacation in South Walton. Bring a restaurant quality meal to your 30A vacation rental by hiring a private chef.
- Shop ‘til you drop—it’s a vacation, after all. From Rosemary Beach to Seaside to Grayton Beach, 30A shopping can’t be beat. Before you hit the boutiques, make sure to review our South Walton Shopping Guide.
- Take-in the beaches of 30A from above with Emerald Executive Helicopters! They offer luxury helicopter tours of the 30A corridor, West Bay and Panama City Beach.
- Swim with Dolphins, enjoy live shows featuring marine animals such as sea lions, and explore fascinating exhibits just 18 minutes east of South Walton in Panama City Beach at Gulf World.
- Explore South Walton’s rare, coastal dune lakes in kayaks or on stand-up paddleboards. There are plenty of great 30A beach rental services that will hook you up with all the gear needed to maximize your experience.
- Explore South Walton’s snorkel reefs located just off the white sand beaches. The South Walton Artificial Reef Association created a series of 4 reefs that are great fun for snorkeling and fishing enthusiast. The reefs are easy to access via stand-up paddleboard or kayak as they are just a few hundred yards off shore. Cobia Reef is located off of Inlet Beach, Sea Turtle Reef is located off of Grayton Beach State Park, Seahorse Reef is located off of Topsail Hill State Park, and Dolphin Reef is located off of Miramar Beach Regional Access.
Go to 30A Escapes Things To Do guide for an even longer list of fun activities you can do while vacationing in South Walton!